Your Business Improvement Partners
- Member – Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand since 1983
- Member – Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Founding Member -Turnaround Management Association
- Previous past Chairman of Turnaround Management Association
- Current Committee of Turnaround Management Association – Queensland Division
- Bachelor of Economics – University of Sydney
- Registered Liquidator – May 1995
- Official Liquidator – July 1998
- Over 12 years experience working on projects and assignments in Aboriginal Communities
- Accredited facilitator – Mindshop Network since 2004
- Director of a peak national Not for Profit Organisation
Profit improvement, strategic planning and reviews, business development and evaluation, coaching, mentoring and turnaround management.
In late 1999 Peter commenced his own practice specialising in Turnaround Management and Insolvency Services. The practice now employs over 16 staff.
Kestrel Solutions assists businesses with financial difficulties, as well as those wanting to improve profitability and meet long-term goals for their businesses and organisations. Peter’s experience in the insolvency field has developed the insight and skills required to quickly assess businesses requiring professional support and address the elements required for a successful, effective and fast turnaround, while ensuring strong corporate governance.
Peter has had extensive experience in the implementation of restructure and turnaround of numerous licensed clubs and hotels and as a panel advisor to the State Government’s Club Industry Support Scheme while that scheme was operational.
Peter has facilitated numerous Strategic Planning Sessions for a variety of businesses and their Boards. As a Mindshop-accredited facilitator he speaks publicly and provides quarterly training and mentoring support to businesses and business operators in a variety of industries.
Mitchell (Mitch) Durack
- Senior Associate FINSIA
- Fellow IPA
- Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Associate Governance Institute of Australia
Understanding business needs, managing small business, relationship management, needs analysis, network building, team leadership, mentoring and client service.
Mitch is an ex banker, with a wide range of experiences including both managing and approving loans for clients from diverse range of industries within the institutional and corporate banking streams as well as commercial and property finance. He is described by Senior Executives as reliable, trustworthy and a committed professional.
He commenced his career in Sydney and moved to Brisbane in 1986. He has worked within Westpac, Bankwest as an individual entity, as part of HBOS and then as part of CBA.
Mitch has had personal responsibility for a portfolio within a major bank across the Institutional, Corporate, Property Finance, Commercial business lines together with responsibility for a small business team. He also has responsibility for a workout portfolio, ranging from c$75 – $450m.
He has also had a personal credit approval delegation at all levels of business across multiple types of business (including rural) encompassing SME to listed companies as well as State Government. Credit quality responsibility in conjunction with State Unit heads for the total lending portfolio of c$4.0b.
In recent times he has gained experiences as part of a debt advisory firm interacting with major banks about client needs.